Posted: 3:05 pm Monday, May 21st, 2018
Major Renovations are on the way to Four Bridges in Nassau and Suffolk County – Including more than 50 new Traffic Cameras. New York State Department of Transportation Acting Commissioner Paul A. Karas today announced that work has begun on three transportation infrastructure projects on Long Island, totaling $22.6 million in repairs and technology improvements.
Main Projects Include:
- A $9.5 million project to rehabilitate and repair three bridges in Nassau and Suffolk counties.
- A $7.4 million project to replace the bridge deck on North Ocean Avenue (Suffolk County Route 83) over the Long Island Expressway in the town of Brookhaven, Suffolk County.
- A $5.7 million project to install 50 new traffic cameras on state highways throughout Nassau and Suffolk counties.
3 Bridges Undergo $9.5 Million In Repairs:
- State Route 107 over Sea Cliff Ave in the city of Glen Cove, Nassau County.
- State Route 110 over State Route 109 in the town of Babylon, Suffolk County.
- Northern State Parkway over Round Swamp Road in the town of Huntington, Suffolk County.
Work that will most affect travel lanes will be scheduled during off-peak daytime and nighttime hours. All work is expected to be completed in the summer of 2019.
North Ocean Avenue Bridge:
A new concrete deck will be installed on the North Ocean Avenue bridge over the LIE. North Ocean Avenue to remain open to traffic at all times. Work is expected to be completed in the spring of 2019.
In 2018, 20 New Traffic Cameras:
· State Route 878 (Nassau Expressway) in the town of Hempstead, Nassau County;
· State Route 25A (Northern Boulevard) in the towns of North Hempstead, Nassau County, and Huntington, Suffolk County;
· State Route 110 (Walt Whitman Road) in the town of Huntington;
· State Route 231 (Deer Park Avenue) in the town of Huntington.
In 2019, 30 New Cameras:
· State Route 27 (Sunrise Highway) in the towns of Babylon, Islip, Brookhaven, and Southampton, all in Suffolk County
· Interstate 495/Long Island Expressway in the towns of Brookhaven and Riverhead, both in Suffolk County;
· State Route 27A (Montauk Highway) in the town of Islip.